No way! I’ve been nominated for an award!
Thank you More Than A Dash Of Salt for the nomination! Go check out her blog everyone! There’s more to the name than meets the eye – just like how my blog name has a meaning as well! This talented girl shares food that has been modified to make dishes saltier yet still as tasty, as a way to boost her recovery from Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS).
So here is how the Liebster Award works – it actually has rules!
The Liebster rules:
- post the award logo on your blog;
- link back to the person who nominated you;
- answer the questions set for you;
- nominate 10 other bloggers (preferably with less than 200 followers) and let them know they’ve been nominated; and
- create 10 questions for your nominees.
Questions I Have Been Asked:
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
Stereotypically, Asians are short – and you are very right there. The average height of an Asian female is 160cm. HOWEVER, yours truly has been the shortest individual in any class in her life ever, and stands at a whopping 155cm! Petite is my middle name; 160cm is my aim. But of course, I have learnt to live with the “demure” label and status that others have given me and take that as a compliment – so here I am. Proudly petite! 🙂
2. How long did you think about starting a blog before you actually created it?
I was actually slightly apprehensive of creating a blog, because the blogs I always ever got referred to were just my friends talking about their school life and like, come on. Who cares? Haha sorry guys. It was quite cool back then, but when you reach your late teenage years you realize that it was a very shallow and narcissistic thing to do – just talking about yourself and what you’ve been doing all day. So I decided to create a blog as long as the posts I wrote were applicable to everyone. For example, the wonderful countries I have visited or food, so everyone could enjoy and share in the articles I created.
3. What was your favourite childhood storybook character?
Now that is a very tough question, but I would go with Captain Haddock from the Adventures of TinTin comic book series!
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Potato chips. Specifically Ruffles Barbecue Potato Chips.
5. Would you rather live at the beach, in the bush or in the city?
Where I live, the only bush that would be considered a bush is MacRitchie Reservoir, but I’m not allowed to live there because that would be called squatting. Also, the only place to live by the beach in Singapore is Sentosa Cove, and I don’t have $30 million dollars to blow on a house. So I would say the city – also because it’s so accessible, amenities are right at your doorstep, and it’s clean.
6. Do you have a signature dish?
Technically, I don’t cook I only bake. But I would say people love my S’mores cupcakes 🙂
7. Do your friends and family know you have a blog or have you kept it secret?
Oh it most definitely isn’t a secret! I link my blog to my Facebook and Instagram all the time!
8. Where is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
Canada. Definitely Canada.
9. What dish are you proud of that you have finally mastered?
10. What random fact did you have an ‘ah ha’ moment about that you want other people to know?
How do you know the color that is called “red” really is red? What if people just told you it was “red” because color that they were seeing is known as “red”, and hence they assumed you must be seeing “red” too. How do you know it’s not actually purple or green? People’s perceptions are different from yours, so how do you know you’re actually seeing the same color as what they’re seeing?
If you get me.
1. Hello Monika
2. Cupkate Blog
5. Lucya Bakes
7. MANC FOODIES
Here Are My 10 Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your passion?
2. Why did you create a blog?
3. What is the most embarrassing moment you have EVER had in your life, that is share-able on social media?
4. What is the first thing you’d like to tick off of your bucket list?
5. What is the most adventurous thing you have done so far?
6. Who is the most famous person you have met in real life?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. Why do you think people like/dislike Apple products so much?
9. Would you rather go back in time 10 years, or jump forward through time 5 years?
10. If you had the ability to write one final blog post before you die, what would it be about?
Congratulations on being nominated, and I can’t wait for all of your replies! ❤