If you’ve never heard of a blondie, it’s just a whiter version of the famous brownie. These blondies are made with melted white chocolate swirled with raspberries, with a healthy sprinkle of cinnamon sugar on the top. They’re chewy and delicious! Extremely easy to make too!
The ingredients you will need are:
- 100g of white chocolate
- 75g of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 50g of raspberries
- cinnamon sugar for the topping
1. Start by greasing and lining a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 180°Celsius/355 Fahrenheit.
2. In a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together. You can do this by just putting it in the microwave for 20 seconds, then take it out and give the mixture a stir before putting it back in. Keep doing these intervals until the chocolate and butter are melted down to give a lovely, thick sauce.
3. In a large bowl, just combine the rest of the ingredients together and give them a mix! So easy!
4. Then add in your melted chocolate, and stir in your raspberries.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared baking pan, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. You can do this by coming 1/4 cup of sugar with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted has moist crumbs on it. Not wet batter, but moist crumbs. Leave it to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
This blondie is only an inch and half thick, because it has a dense chewy centre. The cinnamon sugar will give your blondie flavour and extra spiciness to it as well that really complements the raspberries. Enjoy! 😀