These peanut butter cookies have a crunchy exterior but are chewy on the inside. It only takes a handful of ingredients which you probably already have, and are simple to make. I assure you, these will definitely be a crowd pleaser! 🙂
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 100g of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 100g roughly chopped peanuts, optional
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and preheat your oven to 175º Celsius/345 Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together. You can do this with a hand whisk.
4. Then add the egg and incorporate into the mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
5. After the egg has been fully incorporated, add the dry ingredients and mix it into the egg mixture with a spatula.
6. Then add the peanut butter! After you have finished adding the peanut butter, you can add in your chopped peanuts if you want to. I’m not a very great fan, but you can do it if you’d like of course!
7. With your fingers, take a ping-pong ball sized lump of dough and form it into a ball with your hands. Place it on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Then, dip a spoon into water and flatten the ball out into a roughly 2-inch diameter disc. using a fork, make some criss-cross patterns on the dough.
8. These cookies will go into your preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until golden-brown. Leave them to cool on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes, then you can transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
This amount of dough will make about 15 good sized cookies. Enjoy! 😀